Careers with Waller Insurance
Strong Culture, Benefits & Security
Employee Health & Benefit Account Manager
We are looking for an Employee Health & Benefit Account Manager who will be responsible for group benefit accounts through all phases; including marketing, implementation, communication, enrollments and ongoing service to accounts.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF AN EMPLOYEE HEALTH & BENEFIT ACCOUNT MANAGER:
- Service assigned clients and prospective clients.
- Assist the Producer/Benefit Consultant in gathering the necessary information regarding new/renewal accounts and submit this information to the Marketing Department.
- Work closely with the Producer/Benefit Consultant to formulate a complete submission for the client
- Assist the Marketing Coordinator in the renewal and new business marketing processes
- Negotiate on behalf of the clients to achieve goals of best benefits for best rates
- Provide training to clients on Zywave and other technical tools
- Coordinate your workflow with the Producer/Benefit Consultant and the Department Manager
- Direct implementation, enrollment, and communication processes
- Perform periodic service calls in accordance with Service Standards
- Utilize stewardship and timeline templates insuring quality service to accounts
- Maintain awareness of new developments and legislation in the Group Benefits field
- Develop and maintain a positive relationship and rapport with clients and carriers
- Work with the Producer/Benefit Consultant on additional items such as the Stewardship Review Process, Service Timelines (creation and usage), Conduct and record Benefit Audit, Legislative and Compliance issues, HIPAA regulations and 5500’s, among others.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- College degree desirable; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of three years industry experience preferred.
- Possess skills necessary to communicate with clients, carriers and prospects concerning Group Benefits lines of coverage.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word. Knowledge of PowerPoint preferred.
- Ability to maintain and organize electronic files on the company document management system.
- Working knowledge of employee benefit technology and Zywave products, or willingness to learn.