Careers with Waller Insurance
Strong Culture, Benefits & Security
Insurance Sales Producer in Training
Main Location: Lakeland, Florida
Secondary Location: Bradenton, Florida
In early 2015, Waller Insurance Partners started a new insurance agency and has grown significantly to over 6,500 Clients. A new Agency built on dynamic culture, strong leadership experience, and compelling innovation has enabled our Agency to have significant growth.
We are recognized as pleasant to work and a leader in the development of the next generation of insurance professionals. We are proud to be a learning organization that empowers employees to teach and be taught. As a result, we have the best insurance professionals in the business.
We are looking for an Insurance Sales Producer in Training who will be responsible for initiating relationships with and onboarding new clients that meet Waller’s ideal client profile, ensuring a consistent flow of new revenue to the company as outlined in the annual individual business plan.
What can you expect?
The Insurance Sales Producer in Training (PIT) Program includes six months of dedicated training including all necessary courses to earn 2-15 and 2-20 licenses, insurance coverage training, value-added service training, sales training, and professional development. All of these are accomplished through a combination of the traditional classroom, virtual classroom, presentations, and longer-form projects. Additionally, the majority of our training is conducted by Waller Employees or broker and carrier partners. This allows participants to meet and form relationships with the teams and carriers who they will be working with once actively selling. Because our agency has committed so completely to this model, it is clear that we believe in the platform’s ability to create the future generation of successful Insurance Sales Producers that will allow us to meet and exceed our current and future goals.
Once the employee has completed training, PITs are paid a salary for up to 24 months, during which time they are also eligible for a monthly production bonus. After validating their salary, Insurance Sales Producers have uncapped earning potential and the ability to create residual income. Our agency’s dedication to the Producer in Training model has created and sustained a culture of mentorship amongst our sales professionals. Waller is committed to the art and craft of developing, training and mentoring our incoming Producers.
What is in it for you?
- Personal growth
- Amazing clients and coworkers
- Comprehensive benefits
- Focus on community service
We will count on you to:
- Identify prospects that meet Waller’s ideal client profile
- Effectively cold call, direct mail, brochures, and other Waller sales tools to make initial contact with qualified prospects
- Set appointments with prospects and clients, conduct in-depth dialogue and develop a positive business relationship built on mutual trust
- Engage the appropriate Waller resources with the assistance of the Sales Management Team to offer customized presentations for each prospect
- Confer with the client service team (typically Marketing and Account Manager) and office leadership regarding prospective client needs and pricing strategy
- Meet prospects’ needs by offering innovative solutions, providing customer support and introducing Waller resources as appropriate.
- Keeps up to date on prospects’ current issues and researches new information on prospects
- Ensure timeframes and deliverables are met in the sales process; and ensures that post-sales teams provide quality service to all assigned clients
What you need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 1-3 years business to business sales experience preferred; not required
- Demonstrates sales aptitude, excellent communication skills, ability to build and maintain relationships, business acumen, strategic reasoning, and a results-driven approach
- Ability to acquire 2-20 license prior to employment
What makes you stand out:
When asked what the top qualities of a successful PIT are, the first answer is always coachability. A new PIT who exemplifies this through active listening, thoughtful question asking and dedication to the program almost always finds success in our model. As this is a sales role, the ability to create and maintain new relationships and show tenacity are also critical.