Careers with Waller Insurance
Strong Culture, Benefits & Security
Personal Lines Account Manager
Location: Waller Mixon Insurance, Anna Maria Island, FL
The Personal Lines Account Manager services an existing 6-decade book of business, sources and sells new accounts and renews existing accounts in keeping with the firm and individual goals. Account Managers build and maintain relationships with clients, prospects, service team, insurance company partners and centers of influence while identifying and soliciting sales prospects.
- Help in servicing a 60 + year old book of personal lines business.
- Providing service to existing clients via their home, flood, auto, marine, personal umbrella and life insurance needs.
- Gather information and develops recommendations for prospective clients, presents proposals in a professional manner by reviewing coverages in detail to ensure understanding while adhering to firm policies and procedures
- Communicate with clients, prospects, insurance company partners, and service team in an articulate and effective manner
- Finalize the sale, coordinates collection of deposits, arranges for binders and certificates, and briefs the service team on the policy sale
- Develop prospects by becoming involved in community affiliations, attending insurance company partner-hosted seminars, building and maintaining relationships with industry contacts, engaging in networking events and through referrals from current accounts
- Maintain a concern for accuracy, timeliness and completion when interacting with current and prospective clients, the firm and insurance company partners to minimize potential for errors and omissions claims while demonstrating strong organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Maintain understanding and knowledge of the insurance industry and underwriting criteria insurance company partners represented by firm in order to effectively communicate to all involved
- Expected to meet monthly new business goals
- Positively represent the firm and our insurance company partners in the community
- Perform other functions as assigned by leadership
- Look for opportunities to improve the firm, business segment, and processes. Brings issues and discrepancies to appropriate leadership
Education, Experience, Skills & Abilities Requirements:
- Self-starter with the ability to influence others through effective verbal and written presentation skills
- Current Florida 4-40 or 2-20 License, as required by the State Department of Insurance to provide risk management consulting or risk transfer solutions as necessary in states where the firm functions, or be willing and able to obtain all required licenses within their first 90 days
- Personal Lines insurance knowledge
- Moderate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Applied, Rating Systems, etc.
- Ability to learn appropriate insurance company and firm software systems
- Demonstrates firm’s core values, exuding behavior that is aligned with corporate culture
Waller-Mixon Insurance was built for the unique needs of the Anna Maria Island / Bradenton / Sarasota communities and its residents. Our purpose is to keep our neighbors protected from risk, our passion is helping our neighbors thrive. What makes our insurance smart? Unlike insurance companies that provide impersonal transactions, we take a holistic approach to crafting your coverage. Your personal Waller-Mixon Insurance Advisor will get to know your risk exposures and match you with an affordable tailored solution that compliments your current lifestyle and protects your future. The result is your life well covered and the peace of mind to focus on your dreams, purposes, and passions.